Thursday, February 16, 2012

CMYK vs RGB printing

CMYK proof (not bad)

Even though the preview on the screen looked too flat and there was a shift on the greens in my image (specially on the highlights) when the print came out it was ok. Actually I liked the final result considering that it was a CMYK. The changes regarding the CMYK print to the RGB print were a warmer touch on all the image and a slight lose on the contrast.

For the colour checker the main change were in the colours red and the blue, and I had to do a big correction on the midtones of the photograph otherwise it should have given a dark result.


RGB print (good)

The RGB print came as I expected. Since my photograph was already calibrated for the satin paper on the big printer I didn't have problems. The colours on the colour checker were perfect too.

No comments:

Post a Comment