Thursday, February 16, 2012

Elevator Pitch

Title

“Mare”

Elevator pitch

“A sleeping young woman is visited by a demon that transforms her dreams into a nightmare forcing her to succumb to her biggest fear.”

Short description of the project

The video will be a mix between video art and fiction combining different techniques of video and animation. The goal is to create an audiovisual piece that goes beyond a simple horror short and pushes the audience into further thinking of the meaning. The main target audience is young adults (18-40) but it can be also be seen by teenagers and older people.

Visual treatment

The look will be similar to the trailer I have already done for this project ( I did the trailer two years ago and I have been waiting for some time to actually do this project)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-33sErHawo&list=UUiN2-bnPcTJvhUpcCdG0T-w&index=4&feature=plcp

The techniques I will mix will be: video, stop motion, painting with light.

The demon will be recorded with long exposures/stop motion in order to have it blurry. All the demon and sleeping sequences will be shot at night in interiors while the nightmare sequences will be shot with daylight both in exteriors and interiors. The light on the nightmare sequences will be soft (ideally only shot on overcast weather) and I will add a cold filter to the nightmares to give unity.

Equipment

1. 5D Mark II camera (possibly two)

2. Boompole

3. Directional microphone

4. Zoom recorder

5. Hot lights and gels

Team

Due to the complexity of the project I plan to do it with a group of people who will help me specially on the production stage (recording, fx, recording of music, make-up, sound, etc ). I will do the pre-production (scouting, script, tests) and post production (editing). This people won’t be part of the photography program.

Inspiration

As I mentioned before this I a project I have been waiting to do for at least a couple of years, among my inspiration there are paintings, films, novels, tales, etc. Just to mention some:

Henry Fuselli paintings of nightmares

Ken Russel’s “Gothic” interpretation of the nightmare.

A nightmare on Elm’s street by Wes Craven

In the mouth of madness by Carpenter

Hard-boiled wonderland and the end of the world by Murakami

Etc.

Etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment